Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Bachelorette Drama


K so for all you die hard Bachelorette fans...I found a much needed post by RealitySteve.com as I was trying to find closure to this week's episode. After watching I kind of had this pit in my stomach feeling..."Arrrghhh I just want Wes out of there...Can't Jillian see him for who he really is??" He is always saying the dumbest things and It makes me so angery. I am sure this is how the producers wanted me to feel exactally and I dislike them a bit for this. I hope this roller-coaster ride is worth it in the end cuz I'm still hangin on {as I am simply sunken down in my couch watching this storyline all unfold!}


I have found the role of editing of sound and camera snippets on this show to be very interesting. I have often questioned if what we seen portryed on TV is really what in fact, truly, verbatim happened...And as I have read on blogs pertaining to this show this question and interest is for good reason. A former "Bachelorette" producer, who has wished to remain anonymous, has spoken up on this subject how there is a difference between what is filmed and what actually makes in onto the air.


"Everyone always ask if what we see on TV is really what happened and for the most part it is but, going back to the film 100% and air 1%, the viewer is only getting to see the really good stuff and, even still, if the stories are many we are going to edit them down to the most compelling bits, therefore leaving out (often times) how somebody goes from seemingly normal to totally coo coo pants."


The people cast on these types of shows know very well what they are getting themselves into and it often costs them part of their character.

So even if some of you out there are still responding, “Hey, I know it’s fake, but I like the drama”, I don’t know what to tell you. Even the drama isn’t real. Maybe if Juan and David really hated each other, it’d be more interesting. But they don’t. It is all a producer driven storyline to entice the masses into watching their show. I'm sure the producers of the Bacherlorette don't always like their job but it is their job to chop up the show and make it as interesting as possible and if they do not do their job "right" then ABC will find someone else to replace them. TV productiong is a cold, hard world...one not for the faint in heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment